Sunday, February 23, 2014

Globalization

Globalization maybe a term that is coming up a lot in the news or socail media, but it has been going on for years. Globalization is not an "act" that is on the uprising, we may be just hearing about it more because we have the resources and technology to hear about it more. Globalization has to do with international integration from the interchanging of goods, business, products, ideas, aspects of cultures, and much more. The article and video that we were able to view were very interesting. I believe that everyone has their own opinion and views about different levels of gloalization. I believe that levels of gloabalization are great! Trading ideas, good, and cultures amoung countries should happen all around the world! Now a days it is very easy for everyone to see the forms of globalization happening. It is very apparent that McDonalds has chains all around the world. Also I know that Walmart actually has store around the world. Some stores did not end up working out because they did not do their research about the area where they were putting the store. I am eager to learn more about positive and negative aspects of globalization and to be able to see it when we visit different places this summer. 

I tried to upload this cool picture, but my computer is not letting me. I'm sure some of you have seen it, but if you would like to see it follow this link: 
 http://www.google.com/imgres?sa=X&rlz=1T4TSND_enUS412US412&tbm=isch&tbnid=hXJNya3gx3ajLM%3A&imgrefurl=http%3A%2F%2Fglobalisation.pen.io%2F&docid=Emd6OdmttmcGlM&imgurl=http%3A%2F%2Fimg.pen.io%2F4fef4325d7d870.75826395.undefined&w=362&h=279&ei=NKAKU_r0M8OcyQHZ2oCYBw&zoom=1&iact=rc&dur=2169&page=4&start=43&ndsp=16&ved=0CIkCEK0DMDg 

4 comments:

  1. Hey Abby! I agree that globalization is a great thing even though people have a variety of opinions about it. Technology allows us to see globalization happening every day, and it increases globalization as well. I think our students should be introduced to cultures and ideas from around the world and an appreciation for diversity should be a part of every classroom. I love the picture!
    By the way, are you doing your internship right now?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kate, sorry I am just not getting back to you, but yes I am interning this semester! How are classes going?

      Delete
    2. Where are you interning? How is it going so far? Mine are really busy but going well. I am in Practicum this semester, and my teach week with the four year olds is this week. I'm nervous but excited!

      Delete
  2. I am interning at Ringgold Elemetary in Benton and it's going great so far!! I head to Kindergarten tomorrow. And best of luck! It will be a tiring, but good experience!!

    ReplyDelete