Sunday, February 9, 2014

Being Cuturally Aware

When traveling other places that has different traditions or cultures than what you are accustomed to, you should always be respectful and culturally aware of others. I have always liked the saying: "Treat others how you want to be treated." This saying should especially apply when you are traveling. When people come visit the United States, you always want them to be respectful of our country! This is how we should act when we are visiting other countries this summer. There are a lot of different traditions that we are not accustomed to in Ireland and Scotland. Just because you may not like it or agree with it does not mean that you should be disrespectful towards it. For example, when I think of Ireland the first thing that comes to my mind is red headed people with an accent. I know that not everyone in Ireland is going to have red hair or even have an accent. Also, I have heard the food is a little different. I am very excited to try different foods while we are over there. I may not like all of them, but that doesn't mean that I am not going to try them. I think the biggest factor that everyone should focus on is being respectful to the other cultures that we will be seeing. I am excited to learn and experience the different cultures!! I found this picture that I wanted to share!

 
- Abby 
 

 

2 comments:

  1. Love the message, Abby! It is very important for us to be respectful to the customs of others.Great job ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I agree showing respect is very important!

    ReplyDelete